Your email list is a vital part of your business if you do any marketing online. It allows you to stay connected with prospects as you develop a relationship with them over time and convert some of them into paying clients. It also allows you to control the conversation with the ability to target and time your messages for best results. Here are 10 strategies on how to grow your email list:
- Critical step – offer an enticing freebie in exchange for contact info. Not a newsletter subscription, but an ebook, mp3, or report that solves a big problem in your target market.
- Present teleseminars, webinars or podcasts and require contact info to get the dial-in details for the call.
- Have a squeeze page to promote your freebie and include testimonials from happy users as well as the signup box.
- Submit articles to distribution sites such as EzineArticles.com and include a description of your freebie in the resource box along with the link to the squeeze page.
- Add a line of description about your freebie to your email signature with the link to the squeeze page and post helpful comments on discussion boards in your target market.
- Put a subscription link on every page of your newsletter and include a ‘share’ button. You’d be surprised how many newsletters are forwarded to non-subscribers.
- Cross promote with someone else by mentioning each other’s freebie in a newsletter or on the thank you page for your new subscribers.
- Promote your freebie on Facebook either on your business page with the signup box or with Facebook paid ads targeted specifically to your market.
- Create videos to solve problems in your target market and require contact info for access to the video.
Now, do a quick audit using the above list and pick at least one that you can implement right now and get on with building your email list.
If you enjoyed this article you might like to also check out my tips on creating powerful subject lines in your email marketing.
Author’s content used under license, © Claire Communications