Who’s life are you living is a question you should ask yourself to check if you are really living your own life or somebody else’s.
The reason is that fulfilment in life is related to how well you are living in alignment with what’s truly important to you. Do your decisions emerge from the essence of who you are—not from who you think you should be? Take this quick quiz to see how well you are living a life that is of your own making.
- I have spent time thinking about what’s important to me, and I can articulate those things because they are crystal clear.
- While I have been influenced by my parents, teachers, society and other outside forces, I have not simply adopted their values and beliefs. My own values and beliefs come from deep inside.
- I am not easily swayed by others’ opinions and am not a follower. I know my own mind and am confident in myself.
- So I can remain open and flexible and growing, I am willing to reconsider my opinions and beliefs to see whether something is still true for me. I am always interested in other points of view.
- My spouse/partner is a good match for me. We share in a way that pleases me and have an ideal amount of separate space. We don’t have to agree on everything and can consider each others viewpoint.
- I chose my business model and choose to remain in it because it most closely utilizes my skills, strengths and passions.
- I also choose my friends and colleagues. I don’t go along with a friendship that doesn’t feel right just because that person pursued me.
- Any spirituality I practice feeds my soul.
- I have aspirations and goals. I spend time thinking about them and taking action toward those that are most important to me.
- Anyone looking at my life from the outside would see what I value because I walk my talk.
- When I or a family member is sick, I listen to the appropriate health care provider. If the advice doesn’t feel right, I get a second or even third opinion.
- On the rare occasion when I let someone break a boundary or persuade me to do something I don’t want to do, as soon as I’m aware of it, I take steps to stop and correct the situation.
If you answered false more often than true, you may wish to clarify what is truly important to you and then find ways to bring your business and life into greater alignment with those values. Please don’t hesitate to book a free breakthrough session if you’d like support in doing this.